Recent activities and happenings related to ICE-TCS and its members,
roughly in reverse chronological order. Older news items are available
from our archive.
This Week at ICE-TCS
- Autumn 2022, dates to be determined: ICE-TCS will host NordSec 2022.
- 27 June-1 July 2022: Luca Aceto, Antonis Achilleos, Anna
Ingolfsdottir and Tarmo Uustalu will organise the Logic Colloquium
2022 at Reykjavik University. The Logic Colloquium is the European
Summer Meeting of the Association for
- 10 May 2022: Elli Anastasiadi delivers a seminar at IST Austria.
Recent Events and News
- 22 April 2022: The following two papers have been accepted for journal publication:
- 20 April 2022: Franck
Cassez (ConsenSys Software R&D, Australia) delivers a joint
ICE-TCS/GSSI webinar entitled "Formal verification of the Deposit
Smart Contract" at 10 AM.
- 14 April 2022: Congratulations to Léo Exibard, postdoctoral researcher at ICE-TCS, for his paper "A Generic Solution to Register-bounded Synthesis With an Application to Discrete Orders" that has been selected for the scientific programme of Track B of ICALP 2022. That article is co-authored with Emmanuel Filiot and Ayrat Khalimov.
- 25 March 2022: ICE-TCS researchers have had three papers accepted for DisCoTec 2022, the 17th International Federated Conference on Distributed Computing Techniques, which will take place at the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, between June 13-17, 2022. Congratulations to our PhD students Elli Anastasiadi, Duncan Paul Attard and Jasmine Xuereb who led the research presented in those articles.
- 24 March 2022: ICE-TCS organises a public talk by James Muir (BAE Systems, UK) as part of a cybersecurity event held in cooperation with the British Embassy in Iceland.
- 21 March 2022: Duncan Paul Attard delivers an IT-MATTERS online seminar entitled "On Benchmarking for Concurrent Runtime Verification".
- 17 March 2022: Duncan Alexander Adamson delivers a talk entitled "Combinatorial Structures for Crystal Structure Prediction" in the Mathematics Seminar Series at the University of Iceland.
- 11 March 2022: The ICE-TCS annual report for 2021 is now available.
- 25 February 2022: ICE-TCS hosts a public talk entitled "Technomoral Virtues, Human Flourishing and the Bootstrapping Problem" by Shannon Vallor (University of Edinburgh, UK). The talk is sponsored by the British Embassy in Iceland. Shannon Vallor is Baillie Gifford Chair in the Ethics of Data and Artificial Intelligence at the University of Edinburgh's Edinburgh Futures Institute. See here for further information on the talk and the link to the Vimeo live stream.
- 14 February 2022: Congratulations to Magnus M. Halldorsson,
Fabian Kuhn (University of Freiburg), Alexandre Nolin and Tigran
Tonoyan (Technion, formerly at ICE-TCS) for their paper "Near-Optimal
Distributed Degree+1 Coloring" that has been accepted for the
scientific programme of
- 9 February 2022: Elli Anastasiadi, Duncan Paul Attard and Emile Nadeau, PhD students at ICE-TCS, received grants from the Reykjavik University Research Fund to support their research in 2022. The overall amount of the grants is 12,165,600 ISK (roughly 86,270 EUR). Congratulations!
- 14 January 2022: Two projects led by ICE-TCS researchers have
been selected for funding by the Icelandic Research Fund in their
call for 2022. Tarmo Uustalu received funding for his three-year
project "Computational effects and high-level control"
(approximately 145K Euro per year) and Valentina castiglioni
received a three-year postdoctoral grant for her project "Programs
in the wild: Uncertainties, adaptability and verification"
(roughly 80.2K Euro per year). The list of all funded projects is
to Tarmo and Valentina!
- 10-13 January 2022: Antonis Achilleos will deliver an invited
talk at Logical Foundations Of
Computer Science 2022, LFCS 2022.
- 6 January 2022: Jón Steinn Elíasson will defend his MSc thesis entitled "Automated Bijections with Combinatorial Exploration" at 2 PM on Zoom. The thesis work was supervised by Henning Ulfarsson.