Recent activities and happenings related to ICE-TCS and its members,
roughly in reverse chronological order. Older news items are available
from our archive.
This Week at ICE-TCS
- 28 March 2023: Valentina Castiglioni delivers a talk at the Gran Sasso Science Institute, L'Aquila. See here for the details.
- 27 March 2023: Ülo Reimaa (University of Tartu, Estonia) delivers an ICE-TCS seminar entitled "Introduction to cocategories" at 15:00 in room V105 at Reykjavik University.
- 15 March-2 April 2023: Ülo Reimaa (University of Tartu, Estonia) visits ICE-TCS.
- 19-23 June 2023: Magnús M. Halldórsson chairs ACM PODC 2023.
- 19 May 2023: Marta Kwiatkowska (University of Oxford, UK) will visit ICE-TCS and deliver a talk in the Valkyrja Distinguished Lecture Series entitled "Safety and robustness for deep learning with provable guarantees". Marta's talk will also be part of the celebrations for the 18th birthday of ICE-TCS and the 25th birthday of Computer Science at Reykjavik University.
- 18-31 May 2023: Mohammad Reza Mousavi (King's College London, UK) will visit ICE-TCS. Further details will be available in due course.
- 29 April 2023: ICE-TCS turns 18!
- 25 April-5 May 2023: Simone Tini (University of Insubria, Italy) will visit the logic and concurrency group at ICE-TCS.
- 18 April 2023: Duncan Paul Attard will defend his PhD thesis at the University of Malta. Duncan delivered his thesis in October 2022 and has been a postdoc at the University of Glasgow since November 2022.
Recent Events and News
- 16 March 2023: Nicola Del Giudice (University of Camerino) will deliver an ICE-TCS seminar entitled "YODA: Yet anOther agent Description lAnguage" at 13:00, in room V105 at Reykjavik University and on-line.
- 9 March 2023: Denis Firsov (Guardtime and Tallinn University of Technology) will deliver an ICE-TCS seminar entitled "EasyCrypt for working cryptographers" at 16:00, in room V105 at Reykjavik University. This is the 400th seminar in the ICE-TCS series.
- 8 March-8 June 2023: Nicola Del Giudice (University of Camerino, Camerino, Italy) has joined the concurrency group at ICE-TCS as a visiting PhD student for three months.
- 6 March 2023: Jana Wagemaker has joined ICE-TCS as a postdoctoral researcher in the MoVeMnt project. We look forward to working with her!
- 1-10 March 2023: Denis Firsov (Guardtime and Tallinn University of Technology) will visit the programming theory group at ICE-TCS.
- 14 February 2023: ICE-TCS organises a public talk on Rebooting our food systems by Thin Lei Win. The talk will be held at noon in room M103 at Reykjavik University.
- 10 February 2023: Several PhD students at ICE-TCS received grants from competitive funding agencies.
- Maxime Roland René Flin was awarded 6,592 K ISK (approximately 43 K Euros) in 2023 for the project "Distributed Graph Coloring in Constrained Models."
- Jasmine Xuereb and Yasuaki Morita were awarded grants from the Reykjavik University Research Fund worth 6,420 K ISK (approximately 42 K Euros) each in 2023.
- 20 January 2023: The paper
enforcement of first-order branching-time properties by
L. Aceto, I. Cassar, A. Francalanza and A. Ingolfsdottir has been
accepted for publication in the journal Logical Methods in
- 19 January 2023: The ICE-TCS annual report for 2022 is now available.
- 12 January 2023: Sergey Goncharov (FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany delivers an ICE-TCS seminar entitled Towards a Higher-Order Mathematical Operational Semantics at 16:00 in room V105 at Reykjavik University and on-line.
- 8-15 January 2023: Sergey Goncharov (FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany) will visit ICE-TCS. The host for his stay is Tarmo Uustalu.